The ASMBS Foundation’s Outstanding Achievement Award honors an ASMBS member who supports the goals and vision of the ASMBS Foundation, has displayed a lasting impression and selfless commitment to the ASMBS organization and has made significant contributions to the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery.
- Award nominees must be members of the ASMBS.
- Nominations will only be accepted from members of the ASMBS
- Self-nominations are welcome
- Members of the ASMBS Foundation Board of Directors are not eligible (see list of Board members)
- Previous award recipients are not eligible
The ASMBS Foundation Board of Directors will evaluate the award submissions and identify an award recipient. The Board of Director’s decision is final. The Board of Directors will not consider incomplete nominations. No information about the outcome of Board of Director’s decisions can be provided prior to the official announcement of the award recipients. Application-specific feedback will not be provided.
Previous Outstanding Achievement Award Recipients
Click on the award recipient to learn more about them
Walter J. Pories, MD
Nicola Scopinaro, MD
Edward E. Mason, MD
John Linner, MD
Douglas S. Hess, MD
Mervyn Deitel, MD
Georgeann Mallory, RD
Alex McGregor, MD
Henry Buchwald, MD, PhD
S. Ross Fox, MD